Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You can just kill me now, cause I do not think life gets any better...

Tenerife (May 31-June 3)

This is the image burned into my mind as my personal definition of experiencing a piece of paradise:

Heres the delayed post on my amazing trip to Tenerife. Tenerife is one of the islands off the coast of Africa that's owned by Spain. Through a Biolase connection, when Pilar and I met last year in Rome, we instantly hit it off. I was amazed that her and I had so much in common and we even share the same birthday. She had been telling me that I must come to visit her in Tenerife and it was a true blessing to finally take her up on her offer. I had heard great things about this island, but it blew my expectations away beyond words. I knew that Pilar would take great care of me, but instead I was treated like pure royalty. She went way, way out of her way to ensure that I had a wonderful trip and it really meant a lot to me. Very rarely does such generosity go unnoticed and I really felt loved and special and beyond blessed. It was an incredible weekend from beginning to end and I was confident that life couldn't possibly be any better. The landscape of Tenerife is incredible. It changes completely every few miles. The trees, the dirt, the mountains, everything looks different within 10-15 minutes of driving. It's crazy. I've never been anywhere quite like that. Pilar said even the sun changes colors depending on where you are on the island.
Since even the pictures can't describe it, I would be a fool to attempt to do so with words.


 the view from my window as we started our descent..

On Friday, Pilar drove me up to see the huge volcano, Teide
We were literally ABOVE the clouds. It was AMAZING.






Do you see what I am talking about with the drastically changing landscape? Thats the SAME 2 km drive! The SAME island, the same volcano! 


So that was Friday's daytime activity. We came home for a siesta, coffee and then went for dinner with a few of Pilar's friends... 
 Tell me this is not one of the most ridiculous things you've ever seen. Only in Spain. Only in Spain. 

Saturday, we got up early and drove to the south of the island. Where Pilar blew my socks off by checking us into this AMAZING resort. I was laying staring at the pool with the ocean to my back with a piƱa colada in my hand and a cabana boy making sure it wasn't melted. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I was just thinking the whole time, I would be an idiot to leave this place. I AM IN PARADISE. 

View from our room ^



We spent the day at the pool mostly, I read my book and then we moved to the private resort beach for a change of equally stunning scenery. 





That night, there was a dance show so we had a big Italian dinner all dressed up and then watched the show. To finish off the night, Pilar requested we go dancing. This lead us to a piano bar where the two of us were the only people on the dance floor a majority of the night. It was a lot of fun as you can imagine. My tan is rather spectacular if I do say so myself. 
Sunday, we enjoyed a gigantic breakfast buffet and then made the drive to the airport. After a delicious avocado/salmon salad and fish lunch, Pilar dropped me off at the airport.
 I sank into deep deep depression before boarding that flight. I did not want to leave Tenerife. I'm sure you don't blame me after seeing just a glimpse of what I enjoyed for four way too short days. YOU MUST GO!!
This was taken out of the plane window of Teide on my way back to Madrid. 



1 comment:

  1. Steph! WTF. Can your life get anymore perfect? I don't think so! I am loving this blog. I am definitely going to start stalking this regularly. Drink some sangria for me! And I will definitely have to make a trip to Malibu. Miss you like CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete