Monday, January 30, 2012

100% completed

This will be just as short of a post as the last one. Just wanted to provide the update in a mass message that my letters of recommendation have finally come in. Two are (in theory) in the mail and the minimum number required to submit applications has been met for all the schools that I am applying to. THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS! I am particularly thankful for your prayers and faith on this matter, when it seemed I myself was incredibly discouraged. I have submitted applications to Whittier (Costa Mesa, CA), UCLA, NYU, Columbia and Pepperdine. I will be submitting the rest this week, permitting that I have the energy to do so after a long day of teaching. Please allow me to continue to beg for your prayers of patience and faith as it will probably be April before I start hearing back from schools. They will not even receive my application by mail for another several weeks, as I understand it. I promise to update as I know more and will again, enlist help with the upcoming huge decision.
As for everything else, school is a daily late/hate absurdity. Mondays are tough no matter where you are and no matter what you're doing. Stupidly, I started The Hunger Games and now I am completely immersed in the series and want to spend the free time I should be dedicating to almost anything else, reading the trilogy. They're highly recommended. I am looking forward to my vacation to The Canary Islands with Ansley in two weeks (time has passed so quickly, thank goodness!) and her fun-loving spirit to breathe some energy into my current stress and disposition. When all my apps are in, she will be here and that combination may just be better than a full head-to-toe spa day and makeover! My birthday is this weekend and I am hoping that Dad will be able to swing by before heading back to the US. He has been in Europe over three weeks and seems pretty exhausted from working nonstop. This will be the first birthday in four years I haven't celebrated with friends and a big gathering in Tuscaloosa, which seems a little strange but I know my dear friends here have something up their sleeve for me and I am excited about that too.
So, there's the update. Thanks, as always, for reading. Let me know you stopped by.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about the letters of recommendation! That made my day. Continuing to pray!
    Love,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete