Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday night ramblings

Is it really December 4th? Considering I spent all day December 1st thinking that it was November 31st, I really shouldn't be so surprised. This will be a short post because I don't have much exciting to say. I'll hit the highlights and for details you can comment or shoot me an email.
I am really discouraged about law school applications. I could really use your prayers and your support on this. I have done everything "by the book" and asked two very special professors to write me recommendation letters. I am still waiting on these to be turned in. I have contacted them several times the past few months and I am just really upset that waiting on these letters is the biggest barrier to completing my application as is. I really want to go to law school in fall 2012 and I feel so conflicted that being here in Madrid and trying to do everything to be there in 9 months is nearly impossible. I need to visit Miami, NY, LA and DC to get an idea of the environment, the campus, the students, the classes, etc. And WHEN am I going to do that? When I am home for Christmas, the schools will be closed. I can come back for Easter break, but is that enough time? Ughh. I still have substantial work to do on my part of the applications but I have been so complacent, so busy and completely defeated by this entire letter of recommendation business. Basically, if this next week, those letters could come in, I would really feel soo much better. I know that God's plan is GREAT and that in order to receive his blessings, I have to trust in Him, but it's just not so easy..
Work has been fine this week. Exhausting and challenging, but totally fine. This week I really had the realization that I don't particuarly mind what I am doing, but that I don't particularly want to do it for another year. If I stayed in Madrid another year to do something else, that's a different story. But to teach English to these bratty unappreciative teenagers? No, thank you. I can only do so much to make the class chill, fun and interesting. They have to try and they have to meet me half way. When they don't do any of these three things, the class is essentially torture. We have two days off next week and I will be going to Portugal. I am looking forward to the vacation. My roommate keeps saying, "I need vacation" and all I can think is, 'didn't we just have a vacation? but yeah, dude, me too. i need a vacation.'
I also had a huge depressing realization this week. I land on December 24th in Atlanta and the only thing I want is Chic-Fil-A. But it's Christmas Eve, and Chic-Fil-A will probably be closed. So I will have to wait additional days. It's honestly awful to be in a country without chips and queso, Chic-Fil-A and dryers for your clothes. Yes, those are the things I miss the most, in that order.
I was sad that my website for watching football failed me today and so I can't watch the LSU game. I hope that whatever happens, Bama still gets its well deserved chance to show off on January 9th. I was so tired on Wednesday that I skipped Spanish class and attempted to go to bed early. I even bought Vitamins I have been taking daily for fear of getting sick again. My schedule is so crazy and I really am working constantly. Of course, going to bed early didn't happen quite as planned (it never does), but I did sleep in on Friday for the first time in weeks and it was.. delicious. Yes, delicious is the exact English adjective I was looking for. I have been lounging around in an XL Alabama-Arkansas Pocket-Long-Sleeve T, and leggings. There really is nothing quite like the comfort of this outfit. You can take the girl out of Tuscaloosa, but you can't the Tuscaloosa out of the girl, what can I say?
I worked this morning (yes, on a Saturday) and then didn't do anything I had planned to do today with the rest of my day. Had a lovely deep chat with my roommate and just laughed and did nothing except compare favorite pictures and tell stories earlier. It was a lovely, relaxing day and reminded me of many, many nights like this in college with good friends, which warmed my heart.
I am looking forward to coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment